Monday, January 01, 2007

Looking ahead.....

“An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” - Bill Vaughn

Thinking about next year.....I feel....excited.... apprehensive..... and calm. It's strange. Today is just another day that holds just as many possibilities as yesterday, but we have built it up to be SOMETHING big. I admit it. I'm just like the next person.

This year:

I will continue to work on my finances so that I feel good about the way I am handling them.
I will save my money, research, and purchase a bike.
I will learn more knitting techniques and make something for myself.
I will travel far and wide - including WI, MN, NC, NY, and VA in the first 2 months - hopefully AU and IRE will make it on the "far" part of the list.
I will continue to bake, but work to improve my cooking skills.
I will do some form of exercise 5 times a week.
I will be thankful to have my siblings all in the same country.
I will appreciate my parents for what they are and be thankful to have them both living.
I will spoil the babies in my life with love and attention and perhaps a few little hand knit items. :)
I will spend time making sure my godson "P" knows how special he is to be the one who made me an "Auntie" and how much his mother (my best friend) means to me.
I will make time for the important things in life - friends and family.
I will learn to sew - FINALLY - so I can stop being jealous of all the beautiful things on other people's blogs.
I will do what I need to to keep my License in Social Work current, so that I can go back when I'm ready.
I will make time for myself and my life.
I will make an attempt to be more organized.

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” - Edith Lovejoy Pierce

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

I'll be here rooting for you the entire time!
{And strangely, I cannot believe how similar our interests are! We were meant to be friends.}
Happy New Year to you my friend!

carrster said...

sounds like a great list to me! :)

You're coming to Minnesota!?!?! Where are you going? Stop by for a cocktail or a cup of cocoa if you're in my neighborhood! :)