Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday morning....

There's nothing like a Saturday night chat with my friends Ben & Jerry..........and a Sunday morning filled with baking to make you feel like anything is possible.......

"Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week." ~Joseph Addison

The muffins are for my other mom's birthday. She is my best friend's mother, my knitting advisor/teacher, and a woman I could talk to for hours about most anything. As a kid, when I didn't get along with my own mother, I always got along with Mom O. So, some muffins went to her this morning, but I had to sample one of the smaller ones (and yes, I love real butter).

These are the Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins (which probably only means something to you if you lived in the Northeast about 15 years ago). Mine don't look like quite like they did in the store, but they taste yummy. Mom and I pick POUNDS and POUNDS of blueberries in the summer, make some jam, and freeze the rest. Nothing beats blueberry muffins with fresh (frozen) berries in the middle of winter!


Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups blueberries*
sugar for top

sift together
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)

Cream shortening (margarine) & sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and mix until well-blended. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk & vanilla. Add blueberries and mix in by hand. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffins cups. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Cool 30 minutes before attempting to remove.
**If using frozen blueberries, reserve 1-2 Tablespoons of flour and toss with blueberries before adding.
Serve warm with butter!

Happy Sunday morning......
K :)

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Sunday mornings have long been my favorite part of the week. I love to hit the "refresh" button internally and set my goals and wishes for the week.
Those muffins look so good! (And those are the same plates I grew up eating on!)