Saturday, March 10, 2007

GarlicArt


The Cuisinart and I made "GarlicArt" tonight. I have a christening party tomorrow and Whoopie pies were requested. I will make those in the am, but I decided to try out a recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus also. In my office, we might never eat anything healthy, if not for the woman who makes this hummus and shares it with us. It is scooped up on anything handy - crackers, pita, carrots, bread, seriously ANYTHING.

She kept swearing that it was easy to make, so finally we asked for the recipe. I overheard one woman say she tried it and hers did NOT turn out quite the same. I was nervous. It was all for naught. The Cuisinart was long a fave kitchen appliance of my mother's - when we were kids she chopped every leftover veggie etc and put them in ice cube trays for omelets etc. It was never something I carried that much about. Tonight I made the whole recipe right there in my Cuisinart and now I have almost 2 LBS of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus in my fridge for tomorrow. I have a new respect for that Cuisinart. Let's hope everyone likes garlic!

**Aside (and funny garlic story): When my godson was christened, it was the first time my best friend and I had thrown a "big party." We held a dinner for the minister the night before, with lasagna, salad, garlic bread, and fresh peach shortcake. It was delicious, yet we were stressing about the "real" party the next day. The next morning we (both parents, Godparents, grandparents, etc) all rushed around her tiny apartment getting ready. As we stood at the front of the church that morning, I smelled something rather - shall we say pungent? It was the breath of those around me who had eaten our fabulous and VERY GARLICKY - garlic bread at dinner. Oh dear. Note to self: only feed that much garlic to people you don't have to see the next day! ;)

No comments: